ARGENTINE MISSION TO AUSTRALIA
GOALS AND PROJECTS
Argentina’s mission to Australia took place in August 2012. The mission was supported by the Program for the Promotion of Agentine Universities of the Secretariat of University Policies, Argentine Ministry of Education.
The goals of the mission
The primary goals of the mission were to strengthen and expand partnerships between universities of the two countries.
The delegation was particularly interested in assessing the possibility of moving forward with cooperation agreements in various areas of knowledge, such as:
- exploring collaborations with SMEs to develop scientific innovations;
- establishing and/or strengthening research areas of mutual interest;
- encouraging mobility of undergraduate and graduate students and faculty members; and
- promoting cotutelle and double degree agreements.
The mission identified topics of mutual significance for both countries: agricultural science; telehealth; the environment; and fostering innovations through collaborations with SMEs.
Identified projects for collaboration
Two initial projects, supported by the Ministerio de Educacion Presidencia de la Nacion for Argentina Universities, have been identified for collaboration:
- Development of a shared courseware in Occupational Therapy
- Telehealth joint teaching.